Monday, April 5, 2010

dandelion coffee and awesome formation

A beautiful weekend of leisure and social advancement usually brings my monday in with a bang, and today was definitely motivated.

I noticed some flowering dandelion plants while I was doing chores and remembered all of the amazing things i had read about this versatile plant.  So I got my shovel and harvested a bucket full of entire dandelion plants.  I found a good recipe for dandelion root coffee substitute (similar to chicory) and I was really craving a fat, fresh salad.
So I washed all of my plants, seperated the leaves from the roots.  Chopped the roots, then roasted them to dry for later beverage creation, and then had my salad with the season's first salad greens! rawr! 


dandelion leaves are more nutritious than anything you can buy. They're higher in beta-carotene than carrots. The iron and calcium content is phenomenal, greater than spinach. You also get vitamins B-1, B-2, B-5, B-6, B-12, C, E, P, and D, biotin, inositol, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc by using a tasty, free vegetable that grows on virtually every lawn. The root contains the sugar inulin, plus many medicinal substances.
wild dandelion intro: free food and drank!
dandelion wine- how to impress your train-hopping friends
Dandelion Root Coffee
 
Crossed the shit out of my to-do list:
powder last season's sage leaves
hang mountain laurel leaves for drying
start scraping fat off of chero pelt
harvest birch sap
make almond-molasses granola
work on tattoo
clean room

oo it feels good to achieve.
 other things of natural interest include this tree seed pod of unknown origin that i found.
and this is what happens when you leave your bottled kombucha in the freezer:


Something else that is good for lifetime achievement is the birth of a new
member's only society
AWESOME CLUB OF DUKE'S COUNTY
I talked with my friend Jason Janley and we decided to hang out on Martha's Vineyard
with our friend Julie Olsen, whom we both agree is total eye candy.

We thought the best way to get to know people and promote fun happening in our vicinity was to set up the infrastructure of communication between awesome people that we meet.
So stay tuned for news of awesome island gang activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment